Monday, June 13, 2005

"Super Size Me"

I finally got around to renting this documentary, and watched it this afternoon as I sat in the empty computer lab. I had decided I better see it earlier this year after reading a post about it on Amy's blog, and being good-naturedly teased by Julie for my diet peppered with food court cheeseburgers and fast food eaten during conference weekends. "Berne, you need to watch "Super Size Me," she regularly quipped.

I can not imagine eating McDonald's three times a day for a month. The idea is just gross...I mean, sure I like the occasional Quarter Pounder, but man after a month, this guy was a wreck. It was shocking to see how quickly that kind of diet can adversly impact a person. I won't stop eating fast food entirely (not that I do much anyway), but it did make me want to run out and stock my fridge with fruits and veggies.

Apparently, the director has a new show on FX, 30 Days. Might be worth the watch...an interesting look at different aspects of society.

1 comment:

Julie said...

WAHOO! FRUITS AND VEGGIES!