Thursday, August 11, 2005

Duluth

On Sunday night, I talked to my sister online and she told me she was heading to Duluth again on Tuesday to do some more work on her bedroom in the house she'll be moving into this fall with some friends from UMD. Six girls in one house...imagine that. So, after getting back home Monday, I decided to go up there with her.

It was actually a really nice couple of days. She gave me a tour of her house, and a "driving tour" of the campus and the town. We shopped around and found her a small stereo and desk chair for her room. Also ate at a couple favorite haunts... Erbert and Gerberts and Grandmas.

What was the most interesting though was just the fact that we actually spent time together, and as we talked about college, and friends, and jobs, I realized we aren't kids anymore. We're more on the "same page" at this point in our lives. She's no longer the little brat I constantly sparred with.

It was great.

No comments: