Wednesday, April 20, 2005

At Least 406 Students Voted

Results are in. Unfortunately, my hopes of becoming Senate President next year will not be realiz ed. It was a hard fought campaign and I gave it the best shot I could. Things just didn't go my direction. It's hard, but it's life.

I could be depressed. I could be bitter. But that's not me. I do Senate because I have a love for serving students and the university and I care about the organization. I do the job because of the job, not the title. There is nothing bad about being Student Services Chair and Campus Rep (obviously I will reapply for the positions I now hold). Granted, things haven't worked out perfectly but at the end of the day I can still play a significant role, and continue the work I am doing.

On the bright side, we had a total of 406 votes cast. That may not seem like much, but it's way more votes than in any election we've had since I've been here. That is something for all of us to be proud of. So even if I did lose, (70 votes or so margin, so not a blowout by any means) I still find reason to be happy.

And I go on. ("old resillient Berne," says Jake)

1 comment:

J*me said...

At least you gave it a shot and I voted for you!!! I think I might've cursed it, every candidate in the elections I've voted in so far (presidential, tribal chair on my reservation) have ended up not winning so it's my fault I'm sorry!! But seriously kudos to you for trying and making a run of it!