Friday, April 15, 2005

"Campaign Week 2005"

A busy week with the campaign for President of Senate in full swing. Talking to a lot of people, handing out fliers etc. The debate Thursday went well...I felt good about it, and I've been getting positive responses from the people I've talked to. It will all come down to who actually votes Monday and Tuesday. It will be a close race, I expect. But whatever happens, life will go on and I will continue to do what I've done the past three years...serve students.

Results are starting to come in from the other schools as well. Moorhead, Winona, and Mankato have completed their elections. So far, it looks like a variety of people. Should make for an interesting year at the MSUSA level. By the time we have the conference next week, we should know everyone's results...have the full picture of next year's leadership.

Today was a good day, sort of low key. Put in my application for SOAR, and saw Amy on the way over to the office. She seemed in good spirits and happy to be back to teaching. Even after such a terrible event, she's back at it and putting the kids first. Hallmark of a good teacher.

Tonight, went to the Hall of Fame Dinner for the Ed Department. It was nice. Had fun with our table full of student workers. Also saw Julie, who was quite surprised when I congratulated her on TFA...wondered how I could possibly know when she hadn't told anyone...the magic of a blog post.

No comments: