Monday, July 18, 2005

The Winona Experience

No, I am not talking about the New U program at WSU that my colleagues down there love so much (NOT!), but rather the MSUSA conference this past weekend. As always an interesting and good time was had by the BSU crew.

We departed Bemidji Friday around 6:15 am AKA the crack of freaking dawn. It was to be a long but fun ride down, and I found myself laughing hysterically on several occasions. I was happy to see that the weekend got off to a promising start. We arrived in Winona and after dropping off Billy at the Rev Fund meeting, Tessa, Nicole and I headed to Kmart for a few essentials. We then got back to campus and spent a good 25 minutes looking for the correct building, and after some craziness that involved driving on sidewalks (oops!), we determined that we had passed the building 2-3 times without realizing it.

Internal Affairs that afternoon was painless, and then we headed over to check into the dorms...yes, we stayed in the sixth floor of a dormitory with no air con in 95 degree heat. It was crazy! But, alas we survived. We then sat through two hours of board meeting before heading to supper at Erbert and Gerbert's...good subs, and capped off the evening at a bar/restaurant across the street, where I had two beverages, and Nicole figured she'd annonce it to the whole world seeing as I just recently turned 21 and it is a "new thing" for me. LOL.

Saturday brought a day of quite productive brainstorming. We attempted to figure out what projects and campaigns the association will undertake over the next year or so. A couple were pretty hotly debated and it will be interesting to see how they turn out. MSUSA is running quite differently than it used to and it will certainly be an interesting year, with a lot of firsts. We also went to see Wedding Crashers, which was rather funny, and the movie theatre was a perfect escape from the heat.

Oh, and during Saturday's discussion I learned that the State Chair reads my blog...now I know a lot of people read this blog, but it was the first time someone from MSUSA has told me they do. Wonder where he came across it?

No comments: