Sunday, April 23, 2006

Road Trip!

After my crappy day on Thursday, I decided I needed a break....from thinking about homework, classes, Senate and other stresses. So, I did something different for a change--on Friday, I packed a change of clothes and headed to Minneapolis with Cody, Bruce, Beth, Spooner, Grace and Bobbie for the STLF Spring Conference.

I called Mom Friday night, and she was quite surprised to hear I was in the Cities. I am usually not one to travel on a moment's notice. She's usually the one that calls and says "See you in 4 hours", or books tickets with old friends at the last minute. For me, when I go places, it's usually Senate/MSUSA related and planned well in advance.

I must say I think I need more spontaneous road trips. It was fun to hang out with awesome people, some of whom I had not seen since Spring Break. It was nice to relax. Saturday brought a beautiful morning for a Como Park cleanup. (Oh, how clean it was compared to our last experience cleaning a park (D.C.) ). The afternoon brought a chance to go to some different kinds of seminars.

Yesterday evening, headed to St. Cloud for the Regional Film Fest, and left proud that "Prelude," the Beaver Film Fest's first place winner, took the same prize when pitted against competition from around the state. (Congrats again, Aaron!)

Got back into town at about 1 am. Even though it was only a day long excursion, it was just what I needed to re-energize and focus on the next couple of busy weeks as the semester comes to a close.

No comments: