Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Still on Senate, No Longer a Senator

Today I did something I never thought I'd do...I resigned from my Senate seat. No, I am not giving up Senate, but I took a nonvoting position as Special Assistant to the Cabinet. Essentially I'll be a consultant and work to impart my "institutional knowledge" to younger folks as I gradually prepare to move on. This is, of course, my final year.

This will be the perfect way to finish out my "career." However, I must admit it will be a tad odd to participate in discussion and then not chime in with a vote for the first time since I've been in the organization.

3 comments:

Sadie said...

What the...?

Julie said...

why in the world did you do that?
is senate full?

Kathleen said...

Though I admire that you still want to participate, even if you can't vote... Don't you feel a little like Costa Rica or Washington D.C.?