Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Moe Won't Seek 3rd Term in MN 4A

Yesterday, I was surprised to read on "Blue Man in a Red District" that Frank Moe, who represents Bemidji in the Minnesota House, will not seek a third term in November.

While I think he has good reasons for taking a break from politics (finishing a doctorate and spending more time with his wife), the House is losing a great public servant with his departure. He's the kind of guy who went into politics for the right reasons...he saw things he wanted to change, got energized and got involved.

As a long time student leader at Bemidji State, I especially appreciated his advocacy on behalf of the University and its students.

Even though I no longer live there, I still care about my "second hometown" of five years and many memories, and it will be interesting to see who steps up to run in his place.

No comments: