Monday, January 16, 2006

Why I Blog: A Reexamination

Why blog? It's something I tend to think about every few months. Usually, something or someone provokes the thought. This time, it is a post from Lindsi contemplating the future of her blog... As well, I am sure, as the beginning of another offering of the class that started it all. Reading the Daybook and the new bloggers' blogs brings back memories.

Yes, when I began this blog, it was a requirement for a class. Within a few months, that class was over, and I had grown to love blogging. September maked my one year blogiversary. But why keep it up? What is my blog?

Sometimes, as Jess points out, I blog about everyday things. I also blog about Senate, MSUSA, politics and current events. This blog has been, and continues to be, about my life and the world around me. It is, after all, called "Berne's World."

Do I write knowing I have an audience? Certainly. But do I write what I want, when I want and how I want...without a doubt. Sometimes it may not be exciting...I know that. But as Aaron said in a Studio Tour back then...maybe it is. Maybe Berne: Uncensored and Uncut is better than any "purposed" blog could be.

So, I continue on. Maybe that's the purpose of these reexaminations...they energize me to continue. This blogging thing is an addiction...too goddam much fun!

No comments: