Wednesday, February 20, 2008

That Thing Called "Texting"

I've blogged before about my dislike for text messaging.

Well, I may be changing my tune a bit. For the last couple of months I've been paying several dollars a month in casual text charges. I think it's time to accept that people are going to text me...and I will read them and reply, but there is no way I am going to keep paying Sprint's 20 cent fee per message to send/receive.

Now, I know I could simply add text messaging to my current plan and be done with it. But, if you know me you know why I hated texting in the first place...I type slow to begin with so pounding out messages on a regular phone keypad where you need to push a button 3-5 times to get your desired character...not so fun.

Solution: Get a smart phone or a phone with an included QWERTY keypad.

Problem with that? Even though I am eligible for a phone upgrade in April, that would require me signing a new contract AGAIN, which I already had to do in October, leaving me locked in to my current carrier until April 2010. While I have no overwhelming complaints about them, they are not faring well with customers lately and others are beginning to look more attractive.

My Options:

1) Renew in April for another two years and get a break on the phone I want then.
2) Spend $300-plus on the type of phone I want in order to avoid contract renewal.
3) Pay the $200 to exit my contract and port the number to another carrier (T-Mobile gets good reviews from some friends, and ATT is the home of iPhone, although I would not pop for one of those initially.)
4) Keep my current phone for the duration of the contract

Anyone out there want to comment on the cell phone racket, or endorse their carrier, phone or plan?

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I LOVE T-Mobile. And I know I'm yelling. They're that good. They are so fantastic, it's just astonishing. We've been with them since July of 2005, and I can't say enough good things about them. The reception is great in the Cities with them (never have had a single problem with reception until I'm in the boondocks, and even then I would normally get at least 1 bar), and their customer service is absolutely the best. I know I sound like a paid advertisement, but I don't care. The phones they have are great (I'm a Nokia girl), and they have convenient locations. I, obviously, soundly recommend them.

I have a Nokia 5300 XpressMusic, and though I love it, I would like to upgrade to a Nokia E62 after I'm done with school and my business takes off. That, of course, would include my purchasing a texting plan (I don't have one, either, and I'll tell you why in a sec) and an internet plan, but by that time, I'll need it. I'd go with a Blackberry, but I just love Nokia way too much to leave them now.

Why I don't have a texting plan: Simple--the hubby and I don't ever have combined charges of over $9.99 a month (we're on a family plan). That's what the unlimited plan from T-Mobile costs, and it just doesn't make sense for me to put out $9.99 a month when my charges for texting are usually somewhere between $3.00 and $6.00. Also, T-Mobile charges $0.15 each for written, picture, or video texts, so it's cheaper than what you have now.

Also an FYI: T-Mobile's regular plans are usually $10.00 cheaper per month than all other plans, so if you decide to add on that texting plan (because your costs are more than the plan amount), you're still coming out even with what you were paying before, so it's cheaper in the long run.

If I were you, I would wait on changing phones and get with a new carrier, whether it's T-Mobile or someone else. It sounds like Sprint is just overpriced. But that's just me--the girl who should be the new T-Mobile spokesperson. :) Hope that helps!

Sharon said...

I just switched to T-Mobile and I really like it. Cheaper than my old plan, and the phone comes with a 'Blue Tooth' for 'hands-free' talking!

Benjamin Plante said...

Go to T-Mobile - it's worth it in the end.