Saturday, February 02, 2008

One Week In...

Well, I survived week one on the job. It was a lot of just getting comfortable there and learning the basics. But I am happy to report that I have taken care of my "new guy" stuff.

  • I have email
  • I have access to all the necessary department databases
  • I have signed up for benefits
  • I have my ID card, which also acts as my key
It's funny being the new guy just because there are so many things I don't yet know. Luckily everyone has been very helpful, including the student workers...many of whom think I am one of them until I remind them I'm actually staff. I guess it is to be expected when one is young and working in a college environment.

All in all, it's enjoyable so far, I think I am going to like it there. Now I just have to train my body not to hate the 5:30 am wake up call.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Berne, I'm so glad your first week went so well. I laughed when you said students thought you were another student! When I was student-teaching, I used to get stopped in the hallway and asked for my pass! It was a large high-school, and they didn't believe me when I told them I was a teacher!