Monday, January 28, 2008

The First Day

For any who may wonder, Day One at the U went well. It was rather uneventful...typical first day stuff. I met lots of people and was given far too much new information that I probably won't remember until I do the tasks. I can't really do very much until I get all the necessary usernames and logins to access the systems--email, database, calendering app, etc. I am told that by morning I should "officially exist" as an employee--that is I'll have my internet ID, be in the online directory and be able to get a U Card.

Some things I will like about this job:

  • Coworkers seem great.
  • Casual dress...jeans are ok!
  • I get to use a Mac!
  • I will learn a LOT
  • and so much more...
All in all, this is going to be a very good thing!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I've been waiting to hear how your first day went. Sounds like it went really well!
All the best to you Berne!
What kind of commute to you have to work? Do you live very far from the U?

Aspen said...

Oh man... maybe this is sad or wrong... but I got stuck on the "jeans are ok!" part.

LoL

I'm not looking forward to getting gussied up everyday.

Loralee Choate said...

I love any job that lets you wear jeans! I'm glad you found what you were looking for!