Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Blog's Story, Revisited

Loralee recently posted about how she got started blogging, and how the BSU Blogs and Wikis course has played a role in her blogging adventure.

Of course, this blog began as a result of that class. And nearly three and a half years and 600 plus posts later, it is still here. I took a look at my Final Reflection from back then, and while some things have changed, others have stayed the same.

Then: I posted nearly every day.
Now: I post more sporadically...a few times a week.

Then: I wrote about academics and Student Senate.
Now: I write about job searching, politics, and life after college.

Then: I practiced a degree of self censorship.
Now: I still do.

Then: I read the blogs of classmates and a handful of others.
Now: I read upwards of 100 blogs of friends, old classmates and profs, and many others. I have "blog friends." Thank god for feed readers!

Then: I contributed to multiple blogs.
Now: I still do, some public, some more private.

Then: I contemplated moving my blog.
Now: I still do...most often to Word Press, now that there is a free version.

But no matter where this blog ends up, it will still be. I love it!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I started in Dr. Morgan's class also, a year after you took it.
I love blogging, and reading other's blogs.

Happy blogging, Berne!