Friday, January 25, 2008

Working Man

Any reader who has been following my blog since May knows that I have been engaged in a search for work in student affairs and services at a college or university since graduating from BSU.

I am happy to report that after much contact with the department in the past several weeks, which I mentioned in previous posts, I have been asked to join an office at the University of Minnesota. I had an official interview yesterday morning, and had accepted an offer by 3:30 PM

The pay is decent, good health coverage, and I will be eligible for their staff tuition benefit, which will allow me to continue my education part time at little or no cost. And the people I will be working with seem great.

It's everything I could ask for in a job to begin my desired career, and it starts Monday!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I knew it....I KNEW you would get something you like!!!

I am so very happy for you! The tuition benefit is a real benefit, too!
Way to go, Berne!!!

Laura B. said...

Berne, awesome. I'm very happy for you!!
Good luck Monday :)

Alicia said...

That's so awesome, Berne! Congrats!

Aspen said...

Oh my gosh! Yay!
That's so cool.
Congratulations Berne!