Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Quick Turnaround/ Making it Official

Hard to believe, but we just got back from DC and it's already time for Delegate Assembly. For some reason the MSUSA schedule for March and April is sort of crunched...April conference is just 3 weeks after Delegates. Kinda crazy. We figured out who's going tonight at the meeting very quickly, which was good. Tomorrow comes the fun part...figuring out vehicle and travel requests, and doing the expense report from DC. Sounds exciting, huh?

I also made my announcement tonight...stating for the record that I intend to seek the Senate Presidency. Anyone who's been around already knew about my plans, but it was time to make things public...we haven't set election dates, but I'm pretty sure it has to be within the next 3 or 4 weeks. Julie and Jake are leaving big shoes to fill...they truly are the best overall team that I have worked with in the 4 years (including high school) I've been doing student government stuff. It's a tough job, but Nolan and I are committed to serving the students and University to the best of our ability and to ensuring a strong future for the Student Association. I look forward to the possibiliity.

No comments: