Saturday, March 05, 2005

Shopping Spree

I went shopping today...that's right...shopping. Those who know me probably know that it's not something I do much of. But, I figured I'd get a few items of new clothing in advance of the DC Summit. After all, you need to look good if you're going to be meeting people from all over the country, not to mention people on Capitol Hill.

Nicole was nice enough to offer to take me around, so we headed to Target, Kmart, Herberger's and JC Penney. I went nuts, and ended up buying way too much, but most of it was on sale. Here's what I ended up with:

  • Four pairs of pants, two of them Dockers (on sale), and another pair that was only $10 (needed new pants anyway)
  • Dress socks
  • A very nice pair of black shoes
  • New shoelaces
  • Two new dress shirts
  • A new tie
  • T-shirts
  • A rolling suitcase ($25, marked down from $100)
  • 2 12 packs of pop
  • Ream of printer paper

All that for about $170, not bad huh? It really pays to shop the sales...and I guess going shopping with Nicole helped...I would never have found half the stuff she did. Had I been left to my own devices, I likely would have paid much more. She certainly has an eye for good deals.

No comments: