Tuesday, October 11, 2005

First on CAL, Now Facebook

Last year, I posted about meeting Nicole after reading her posts on CAL Dialogue. Just yesterday, the same thing happened with someone on Facebook.

You see, there's this thing with Facebook. Anybody can add anyone else to their list of friends. I have all kinds of people on my list, from good friends and colkleagues I see every day to those who I've met only a few times. Of course, there are a couple who it took me a moment to "place"...as in I know I know them from somewhere...but where?

Yesterday, I received an email. "BW has added you as a friend." Of course I clicked confirm and noticed he was a Maple resident, so that's how we were connected.

Last night, following hall council, I checked my mail before finishing my Lit Crit paper...which I'm not very happy with by the way. As I did so, a guy approached me and was asking some questions about Senate. I KNEW I had seen him before, and I've likely talked to him, but I am terrible with names and it takes me a few encounters to recognize a face.

Me: "Remind me of your name again?"
Guy: "BW"
Me: "Ohh...from Facebook!"

It was quite funny...maybe you had to be there.

2 comments:

Lindsi said...

Nope... Totally didn't have to be there. That stuff happens to me all the time! It's so great.

What nerds we are. What nerds.

Froyd said...

seriously though....facebook is frightening the living s**t outta me.