Friday, March 17, 2006

On The Road...Near Indianapolis

It's currently 10:30 eastern and I am sitting in a YMCA near Indianapolis where we are spending the night...although I do not expect much sleep to occur.

The past couple of days have been WONDERFUL. The "Beaver Fever Dragon Wagon" is a great group of people who were immediately welcoming of another person for their DC project and return trip. Needless to say, my BSU friends and colleagues were fairly surprised to see me in their midst...as only 4 or 5 of the 40 people on the bus knew I'd be joining them. The project with the ECC (Cleaning a VERY dirty park) went well, and the closing conference was good.

They say this PIF tour changes everyone. Even in the short time I've been with them I can say it is a powerful event. I am grateful to Cody and Lisa (and Julie, their MSUM counterpart) for the invitation to join in the final leg of the event.

More reflection to come after I return to Minnesota.

No comments: