Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Coming Together...

Lobby Day is one week away, and preparations for it are going fantasic....Nicole is an absolute rock star and everyone else is working really hard to make it a success. I am very pleased.

First, we get the administration to sponsor a second bus. Then, we get appointments with both local legislators secured. Then, we find there is enough money in the budget to buy some food for brealfast and lunch for participants. And tonight came word that Aramak will donate $5 in Beaver Bucks to each person as an incentive to participate...something I figured was a long shot at best.

Add to that more good news...

That the Student Centeredness focus groups are going well, and what I've heard so far also reaffirms that Student Services is doing the right things...

And that Julie and Michelle were able to add some money within our FY 2006 Budget request under salaries to make web coordinator a real, paid job...something I've long advocated. (Because not many people will ever be willing to do the website for free like I have)....

It's a happy day! So happy in fact that I bought pizza for the people that had stayed late in the office to work on posters. I was happy and hungry, which is sometimes a good thing.


No comments: