Saturday, February 05, 2005

Proof My Instincts are Right

As I was reading friends' blogs this afternoon, I happened upon an entry in Torin's titled "Stuck in the Student Senate" Apparently, he has become interested and involved by trying to restart Century College's French Club.

Why does his new involvement in CC Senate prove my instincts? Well, I told him years ago that he belonged in student government. At the time, I was on the Student Council at Mounds View, and ran the Open Forums once a month during lunches. He came into those just about every time we had them, and we'd discuss issues. Now, there are several reasons he could have showed up at these all the time:

A. The principal and I were cool and he wanted to hang out with us.
B. He wanted a free cookie or two
C. He cared about the school and wanted to make some kind of diffence by letting himself be heard.

Alright, I admit that it was probably a combination of all three. But mostly I think he cared. Some people have a certain "quality." You can just tell they belong in leadership. Now he says he's a Senate junkie...but I think junkie status isn't truly achieved until a few of the conditions on this list are met (putting Century in place of BSU, of course)

It's good to know my instincts are right.

No comments: