Sunday, September 11, 2005

A One-Man "Committee"

Is anyone out there interested in academic issues on the BSU campus? If so, I need you!! Two weeks into the semester and I have been unable to pull together an Academic Affairs meeting. Granted, we only have like 5 senators and all the committee chairs are in the same position I am, but it's frustrating. I can not live up to my title as Chair if there is no committee in existence TO chair.

I've never liked having to be a "one man show." Add to that the fact that I myself am new to the position. Sure, I have areas I know we should focus on, but I can't get anywhere by myself. I need members to provide some direction. I am a capable chair and leader, but without a team to back me up, what good is that?

On the plus side, I think that after three years of being bugged about Senate by me, one friend has FINALLY decided to join.

The BSUSA Student Senate needs a few good men and women to serve the student body. If that's you, Apply!!

2 comments:

Froyd said...

I'm a grad student. nobody cares enough about us to actually worry about a position here on campus.

Berne said...

And we are glad to have him.