Sunday, September 18, 2005

Weekend In The Dragons' Lair

I spent the weekend in Moorhead with Nolan and Nicole attending the MSUSA conference for the month, hosted by the MSUM Senate. They always put on a good meeting, and I think most of them are quite fond of us BSU Beavers...after all, their fearless leader is "a Dragon by academic year, Beaver by summer session" as I believe he put it in reference to his recent summer stay in B-Town.

Of course, the weekend started off with one of those beloved icebreaker activities everyone does at different leadership things. Actually, this one wasn't too bad. At least I didn't think so, because an ice breaker without strenuous physical activity is a good thing in my book. The evening was capped off with a nice dinner and an early bedtime, which made the 7 am wake up call on Saturday a bit easier to take.

Upon awaking Saturday, we spent the better part of two hours listening to a training followed by the always envigorating Board reports, and our second crack at General Assembly, which was cut short and continued this morning. While it made for a longer day today, the early out did allow Nicole and I time to enjoy a delicious meal along with two great campus organizers and a colleague from Metro. A steak dinner-not something I get on a regular basis, and a departure from the usual fast food fare. Yumm...well worth it.

This morning brought the usual routine of discussions and a continued Board meeting. It also brought something else that has become synonymous with Sunday mornings at MSUSA meetings...a bit of drama and an unexpected twist. Every year we hope for smooth sailing, and we never seem to get it...not since December 2003 at least. I'm told I came in at an odd time...the organization hasn't always been in flux. Oh well, it makes things interesting.

Suffice it to say that big changes are in store once again. We're evolving, as the State Chair put it. Meanwhile, I continue to do my work with the full confidence that said evolution is for the best.

1 comment:

Julie said...

i heard...travis called me right away on sunday.
i wish i could say i wasn't surprised.
we should talk sometime soon.