Friday, September 09, 2005

Well, Coming "Soon" as in 4-8 Weeks

Went to MeritCare this morning and put in the order for my new scooter, a viper blue Pride Victory. It's not a Cadillac, as Torin asked, but it is quite nice, and extremely functional.

I was then told it will take 4-8 weeks to arrive...lots of papers to process and insurance crap to do, plus the scooter has to be ordered. Luckily, they are letting me use their rental scooter free of charge until my new one arrives. Most of you who have seen me on campus lately know that my current scooter is essentially non functional and I have spent almost as much time pushing it as I have riding it for the last 2 weeks. I'm excited for the new one to come in.

This brings up another interesting thought. I am routinely asked if the scooter I have is mine or BSU's. This question perplexes me to no end, especially when it comes from staff. Why would anyone think that the University would provide that? Granted it would be nice, but also way beyond any responsibility they have. I will give major kudos though...maintenence has changed my tires, and IT regularly adds air to wheelchair tires. Very nice of them.

1 comment:

Froyd said...

I'm telling you...flame decals and a number on it would make it like a race car, and it would be totally awesome.

you'd be picking up 100% of the chicks, rather than just the 95% you are getting now.

decals:worth 5%.