Monday, January 22, 2007

First Crack at Instruction

First day of the term went well. All three classes seem good…although I have to wonder if the rabble rousers are simply on their best behavior early on. We shall see after a few days.

I had my first go at instruction today. I took over a portion of the vocabulary activity in fourth hour after seeing Kristin go through it with first. It went pretty well, although I inadvertently skipped over one of the words on the overhead and we had to backtrack for a moment. Oh well, one of the lessons of the day was “It’s ok to make mistakes” and things were figured out and back on track pretty quickly.

And the second oops…we ran out of English 9 syllabi in fourth hour. So much for triple checking the numbers before they were submitted to copy.

Today’s biggest surprise…how young some of the freshmen seem! Was I really that “little” back then?

No comments: