Monday, January 01, 2007

A Night Out, to an Unexpected Place

Friday evening I had the pleasure of visiting with my good friends Brent and Derek, and another friend of theirs. I also had the chance to keep a long standing promise to go out on the town with them in Minneapolis. Stops included The Saloon and The Local.

Yes, if you know Minneapolis, you know one of those is a gay bar. This was after several reassurances that yes, I had no problem going if they wanted me to go along, and I could handle a little "culture shock." Really, I found it to be not much different than your average club except for the preponderance of men. And an evening with friends is always enjoyable no matter where one is.

Perhaps the funniest part of the whole thing was explaining where I had been the following day.

My mother: "You danced??!"...yes, and I usually do not.

My sister: "Did anyone hit on you?"...no

My friend RS: "Oh, I've been to The Saloon!"...this from the last person I would ever expect to go to a gay bar, being that she is both straight and not a bar fly at all...and is under 21. Apparently she went with a friend on 18+ night.

Quite the evening.

No comments: