Saturday, November 13, 2004

BlogBooks

So, I've got this one friend who keeps telling me that some of my more "profound" postings are really good, and that if I wrote more stuff like that I could get published. Frankly, I've always thought she was nuts...I mean, my stuff is not that good, and if we're talking blog posts, who the hell would want to read a blog in print?

Well, we had a discussion in class the other week, and Morgan mentioned that people have started to publish blogs in print. Still, it seemed odd to me. Isn't the whole point of blogging to be web based? Plus, I had never run across one of these blog-book conversions.

Tonight, upon signing into Blogger, I found proof in the Blogger News section, apparently, this man has published his blog in book form: Tea For One: Zen And The Art of Blogging.

Proof that BlogBooks do exist.

2 comments:

Berne said...

Thanks :)

Nick said...

Nicole –

Right you are. I have a lot of time on my hands. And anyone can publish a book if they really want to. Berne, if you want to publish a book you have a couple of different options. I didn’t get a publishing deal, but rather went the route of self-publishing. There are a number of companies that are more than happy to charge you oodles of money to set up a book, but as long as you don’t mind doing the formatting and layout work yourself, CafePress is a good place to go.