Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Boo!

Happy Halloween!

Last night I was thinking about Halloweens past. It has always been an enjoyable holiday in our house, as it is one of Mom's favorites. While we did not decorate this year because of the other stuff she's working on, like painting the furniture, our home is usually the most decked out on the block. And as kids, our costumes were ALWAYS homemade, never from a package. I can remember dressing up as, in no particular order:

Pee Wee Herman
A Pirate
Dick Tracy
Chester Cheetah
A Viking
Sherlock Holmes
Mr. Peanut

I'm sure there were others but I can't recall. I know I stopped trick-or-treating several years before my sister, because at the time I did not have the stamina to walk the neighborhood just to get candy.

We have few trick or treaters anymore because the kids on the block have either outgrown it or moved. This year we are switching it up a bit and giving out fun size bags of Doritos and Cheetos.

No comments: