Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Want Leopard

Yesterday Apple announced that OS X 10.5 Leopard arrives Friday the 26th.

Occasionally I find myself wanting the next big thing. This is one of those occasions. Sure, my trusty MacBook works well now, but I want to be totally up to date. I want to play with the new features.

Problem: the $200 pricetag. (I would buy the multi user version to bring the parents' house iMac up to date as well)

It seems a bit of an extravagance to spend $200 on new software when I'm unemployed and not exactly flush with cash. Still, the devil on my shoulder says "treat yourself, you rarely do" and it is taking major willpower not to go visit the Apple Store online and place an order.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I know how tempting that can be, wanting the 'latest and greatest'. My advice would be, wait until the price comes down, the bugs are out, etc.

Froyd said...

you could save that money and spend it on a computer that is more substance than hype...like, I don't know, a PC?

Anonymous said...

I believe I left my willpower at the Barney's counter where I paid $500 for a Theory hooded sweater.

But you better believe I'm wearing that damn thing every day!