Thursday, October 18, 2007

Reader Comment- A $500 Sweater?

Yesterday I mused about wanting to spend too much money on a piece of software.

Last night I noticed this comment from Matt, who has become a regular visitor here in Berne's World:

"I believe I left my willpower at the Barney's counter where I paid $500 for a Theory hooded sweater.

But you better believe I'm wearing that damn thing every day!"

I had to chuckle, because based on what I know from his blog, he's also 23 and in need of employment. $500 for a sweater makes my desired purchase seem like a bargain. Still, I'll hold out a few weeks.

Oh the things we impulse buy...

That must be one hell of a sweater!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I cannot believe paying that much for a sweater! Call me old-fashioned...I guess...or cheap!

Anonymous said...

In my defense, I was employed at the time I purchased the sweater. Also, it is possibly one of the most comfortable pieces of clothing I own, and I was having a really shitty day when I bought it and needed an impulse buy. But yeah, I do recognize the excessiveness of it. I guess I shouldn't mention my twice-in-a-row visit to the Barney's sale in August, or the fact that I receive postcards from salespeople at Bergdorf....