Friday, October 19, 2007

Why I Own a Mac

In addition to Matt's extravagant sweater admission, Froyd also addressed his preference for PCs on my post regarding Mac OS X Leopard:

"you could save that money and spend it on a computer that is more substance than hype...like, I don't know, a PC?"

I have talked before about why I own a Mac, I believe. As most of you know I was a Gateway Guy at one time.

Some reasons why I made the switch:

  • I can do anything I used to do on my Windows based machines as well or better on my Mac.
  • My MacBook is sleek, lightweight and super-portable when it needs to be.
  • Macs are easy to use.
  • Macs play nice with networks.
  • The Mac OS is stable and less apt to contract viruses...unlike Vista, which by most accounts is one of Microsoft's bigger messes.
  • Apple, Inc. supports education
  • Mac hardware is built to last, and when it does go down, the customer service and support is strong.
  • Yes, Macs do look cool.
And of course, the Mac can act like a Windows based PC if the user so chooses. If that is not substance I don't know what is.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Have you thought of applying for a job as a sales rep for Apple? Hmmmmm???????

Leland said...

I absolutely love Macs. They are the greatest things ever. But I must admit I am a bit biased. I studied art in school and all of my graphic design classes were taught on Macs (because they're better).

Unfortunately though I have a crap-ass Dell until I can afford better.