Friday, October 15, 2004

Back in High School, Part II

Today I found myself back at BHS. This time I observed a portion of the 9th grade class, plus the afternoon class of Seniors, Advanced Composition. And at lunch, I got to meet the majority of the English teachers, most of whom are BSU educated, so that was cool.

It was really nice to get a chance to spend time in a high school classroom this week. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy working with the middle school kids every week, but I want to teach high school kids. Therefore, experiencing a high school level English classroom is much more applicable to me as a future high school English teacher.

I've spent enough time there in the two days this week that my observation assignment obligations are fulfilled, but I've been told I can go back anytime. (and maybe even interact with the students as opposed to being "invisible") And believe me I will.

No comments: