Sunday, October 17, 2004

Computers Are Evil!!!

I woke up this morning( well ok, around noon) with the best of intentions to do a whole bunch of work on the computer...type up a bunch of stuff, work on my Advanced Writing papers and etc. Well, lo and behold I turn on my laptop and the SCREEN IS OUT!! I can see there's stuff there, but it is so dark I can't read it. I AM SOOO PISSED! I have not had a single problem with the thing in the 2.5 years I've had it, and now this...and screens tend to be the most pricey repair, usually like $500 or more...ugh! At that rate, maybe it's time to start shopping.

What makes me crazy is that I practically live on the thing...all my school papers, senate documents....all on the hard drive, and if I can't see them I can't get at them. And to think I was just beginning to consider buying flash drives to back stuff up in case of an incident just like this, but hadn't gotten around to it.

So here I sit in the Senate Office on a Sunday afternoon, making do so I can try to get my work done. This sucks!

2 comments:

JRB said...

I have two computers being fixed right now, and still I am surrounded by three of them. If they ever decide to revolt we are in big trouble.

Berne said...

It now appears to work. Weird.