Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Crazy Day

Yeah, today has been nuts. My Tuesdays and Thursdays always seem this way, but today I was especially frazzled...

Dragged my ass out of bed, and arrived at the Senate office about 9:15. I like to be there from 8-10 on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, but it just was not going to happen. Was immediately greeted with several emails to respond to. There is a conference coming up, and people needed to be added/subtracted from the participant list. Doesn't sound like a big deal except that lists were due yesterday, and I actually wanted to have it in Friday, but that obviously didn't happen. Things always seem to crumble when I try to be the most organized.

Went to Advanced Writing, where we had a great discussion about Lindsi's paper, which was both personal and thought provoking. The paper had to do with religion, so that got people thinking. I feel a little bad though...I think I took some of comments a tad out of context, and although I did not intend for it to be, my response may have seemed a bit harsh. But overall, it was a good class hour.

After class, back to the office I went where I wolfed down a sandwich before work, and tried to clarify with Julie and Jake who in the heck we were listing as Delegates given the musical chairs that had gone on this morning as far as conference attendees.

Upon arriving at the lab, I was almost shocked to find that the usual Pedagogy class was not using it. I spent the next 2 hours reading and responding to email, mostly from administrators, senate people and MSUSA. Finally got the conference list clarified with office manager Kathy...the woman is a saint to put up with all of us crazy kids constantly changing things. Also wrote about my blog for JP to use as part of her project, and sent a reply to BK, plus posted stuff on the Senate message board, before being visited by a committee member who helped me write a bill. We also talked about senate in general, and how weird it is that so many people have moved on. I love our group, and we have great new people, but it still feels odd, almost like there's this void .

After work, headed back to the office and finished off another bill with another committee member's help before heading to my second to last marathon session of Ed. Foundations. We got out early, about 9:15 instead of 10, which was good...and here I sit wondering what happened to the last 2 hours.

I suppose I better go to bed soon, so I can get up and have more craziness tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lindsi said...

No worries at all, Berne. My frustrations were not due to anything you said at all.

Just so you know, though, your link to my blog in your post isn't the right address!

:)

See you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hey Berne!!
Sounds like you need a vacation. I think after this morning I need one too. Check out my blog...let me just say that I started out the day with a bang...literaly. Hahaha

Kelsey