Tuesday, September 07, 2004

100 Things About Berne

1. My Birthday is May 22, 1984
2. I was supposed to be born in July
3. I weighed about 5 lbs at birth
4. I have Cerebral Palsy
5. I have never known life without a cane, leg braces, or some type of shoe insert
6. I also had "Traditional" braces (teeth) from 10th-12th grade
7. I've had 5 surgeries
8. I was once in a full body cast for six weeks
9. My last operation was almost 6 years ago
10. I am nearsighted
11. I've worn glasses since 10th grade
12. I'm wearing Jeans today for the first time in years
13. I've been an avid angler since age 5
14. I had a 20 word vocabulary at age 1
15. I didn't walk till I was 4
16. I wasn't expected to walk at all
17. I get around campus in an electric scooter
18. Even "Mature" college students are giddy with delight if I let them ride it
19. My parents are Greg and Karen
20. we have a cat named Lint
21. We also have a cat named Pumpkin
23. We used to have a dog named Sinbad
24. We live on a peaceful, dead end street
25. We moved into our house when I was one month old
26. I was educated in Mounds View Public Schools
27. My high school colors were green and white (same as BSU colors)
28. Our mascot was the Mustang
29. Our family first got a computer when I was in 5th grade, it was a Mac
30. My favorite foods are steak and shrimp
31. I love to eat at Red Lobster
32. I also like Timber lodge Steakhouse
33. I wish we had those places in Bemidji
34. I have a younger sister named Jena
35. Jena was NOT named after a character on "Dallas"
36. We are a year and a half apart
37. Jena is starting her first year at UMD Today
38. She has not decided on a major
39. I am an English Education major
40. I have a minor in Political Science
41. I am a BSU Student Senator
42. I was on Student Council my senior year of high school
43. I am not a Democrat
44. I am not a Republican
45. I am probably more liberal than conservative
46. I do not think the Bush Administration deserves a second term
47. I watched a TV program about the Bushes last night on MSNBC
48. I enjoy working with computers
49. I helped my sister set up her new Dell last week
50. I am pseudo-webmaster for the Student Senate
51. I'd like to redesign it but I don't have enough expertise
52. I prefer email to the telephone
53. I send forwards, but not often
54. I have never taken a course fully online
55. I hate math
56. The worst grade I ever got at BSU was a C in Beginning College Algebra
57. BCA was the only Math class I'll ever have to take here
58. I took 3 years of High School Spanish but remember very little of it
59. I have never been to Mexico
60. I have never been overseas
61. I have been to Canada
62. I have never had alcohol
63. I do not smoke
64. I don't really care that my next birthday will be my 21st
65. I do not have a driver's license
66. I have a permit, and am trying to learn
67. People love to go places with me because I get handicapped parking
68. I know what MSUSA is
69. I have been to all but one MSUSA conference since Oct 2002
70. I've been voted Most Likely to be in the Senate Office two years in a row.
71. I love to visit my grandparents in Colorado
72. I am not afraid to fly, I enjoy it
73. I also have a grandma and several other relatives in Wisconsin
74. I have four cousins
75. Two of my cousins are the same age as I am
76. My mother is the oldest of 5 kids, dad the older of 2
77. My grandfather served in WW II
78. My Mom's dad passed away before I was born.
79. Most people call me "Bernie" when they first meet me
80. I've never heard of another person with the name Berne
81. I've never seen "Star Wars"
82. I've never read "Harry Potter"
83. I don't play video games
84. I do not know how to cook
85. I live in Maple Hall
86. I eat at Wallys about 3 times a week
87. I have attended two hockey games at BSU
88. I am not a sports fan
89. I went to one high school prom, senior year
90. I don't like cold weather
91. I haven't worn snowboots in years
93. I have Foundations of Education from 5-10 tonight
94. I have been on the Dean's List every semester
95. I don't like canned ravioli
96. I avoid Mac and Cheese at all costs
97. I also don't like hot dogs
98. I'm really tired
99. I work in the Education Computer Lab, and thats where I am
100. I edit lots of papers for people
101. I know there are typos in here, but am not going to fix them.
102. This list is over 100, so I'm going to stop

1 comment:

Mrs. Cournia said...

Hey, I was born only four days before you! (Just a random fun fact)