Wednesday, September 29, 2004

People Think I'm Crazy

By now, I've freely admitted several times on this blog that I am a Student Senate junkie. I keep myself extremely busy, doing the equivalent of three positions right now (Student Services Chair, MSUSA Campus Rep, unofficial web coordinator). It does create for a pretty insane schedule some days, when you factor in classwork, practicums, and my part time campus job. I am almost always on the go, busy doing something.

Most people can't believe I find the time to do all this stuff. But I do. I give my all, because I love it. I was reading Julie's post, and I totally agree. I give 100 percent to all these things because it keeps me going, makes me happy, and allows me to live. In the days when I was sort of closed off and didn't do much, this level of involvement was what I dreamed of. Now that I have it, I can't get enough.

I don't deny it, I do stretch myself thin sometimes. It does get stressful at times. It is not easy, and the fast pace of my life sometimes tires me out. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I know that somehow, some way, I am making a difference around here, even if it's only a small one.

And then there are times like the last couple days, when I am truly reminded what a wonderful group of people surround me. I've been told "I'd die without you", referred to as "like an angel" and was even sent a personal thank you email by one of my committee members who recently left the senate. Lindsay from blogs class is doing a project called Making Days... sometimes words like that, or even a simple thank you, is all it takes. I know it sure made my day.

1 comment:

Lindsi said...

Hi Berne...

Just letting you know my blog address!

It's Lindsi, by the way :)

http://lindsijo.blogspot.com

I'll link you today!